Your privacy is integral to our relationship and our collection of your personal information in the course of business operations fully complies with Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
Your personal information is defined by PIPEDA as “information about an identifiable individual, but does not include the name, title or business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization.”
We collect your personal information through our intake forms only with your consent and, in order for your consent to be valid, we reasonably expect you to understand the nature, purpose and the consequences of the collection, use and/or disclosure of the personal information which you provide us.
Following are key commitments we make to safeguard the privacy of your personal information:
- We do not and will not sell, disclose or otherwise transfer your personal information that we collect to any third party without your consent, except where we are required to do so by law as specified in PIPEDA. To learn more, view “When is consent not required?” in the Office of the Privacy Commissioner’s Frequently Asked Questions about Online Consent.
- In compliance with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL), we do not use your personal information for electronic marketing purposes such as newsletters, referrals or advertising. You must explicitly consent to our use of your personal information in this way by becoming a subscriber, and your consent requires a clear understanding on your part as to how your personal information will be used and what you will receive in exchange for providing it.
- All personal information collected from you with your consent is stored on a secure server and is accessed by Fields CQAM only as required to conduct business on your behalf or as otherwise required by law under PIPEDA.
- All printed documents that contain your personal information are stored securely and accessed by Fields CQAM only as required to conduct business on your behalf or as otherwise required by law under PIPEDA. Printed documents are securely destroyed after the timeframe we are required to keep them for audit purposes has passed.
- Our website includes links to other websites which may assist your understanding of the work we do. However, we are not responsible for the accuracy of the content shown on these websites and your privacy rights are no longer our responsibility once you leave cqam.ca.
We also commit to fully and clearly answering your questions about safeguarding your personal information and your privacy. You can learn more about your rights and our responsibilities through the Office of the Privacy Commissioner’s (OPC) website at https://www.priv.gc.ca/.