To ensure our discoveries benefit Ontario’s economy, we invited proposals in 2018 and 2019 from individuals or companies interested in joining our start-up incubation program.
Eligible companies were engaged in activities that involve the application and commercialization of concepts and methods in any of the mathematical sciences, including statistics and computer sciences.
The incubation period was one year and it offered:
- mentorship and advice from members of our Research and Innovation Committee, as well as the broader Fields mathematical community;
- connections to mathematics, statistics and computer science departments at our principle and affiliated universities, including those of our lab researchers, their industry partners and post-doctoral fellows and students;
- discounted registration fees for Fields CQAM conferences, workshops or courses;
- use of Fields Institute facilities for collaboration and client outreach; and
- permission to brand the company as a Fields CQAM incubated start-up.